DMV Appointments in New York
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
Presently, the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers appointments for road tests only. Keep reading to learn about how you can make appointments with the DMV and possibly save yourself some time.
While appointments may be limited, you can still save time by taking advantage of the several online services offered by the DMV and several third-party companies.
Types of New York DMV Appointments
The NY DMV allows drivers to make appointments for road tests only.
You can make a road test appointment for:
- A Class D (non-commercial) driver's license.
- A Class M (motorcycle) driver's license.
- A commercial driver's license (CDL).
How to Schedule a DMV Appointment
You can schedule a road test for any of the licenses listed above by doing either of the following:
- Contacting the Road Test Scheduling System by phone at (518) 402-2100.
- Using the state's online Road Test Scheduling System.
Refer to the state's section on scheduling and taking road tests for a list of requirements you must meet before you're eligible to schedule an appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
To save yourself the trouble of having to make multiple trips to the DMV, make sure you have all the required documents when you go in for your appointment. For a better idea of what to bring, read our guides to: