511 Traffic Systems in Nevada
Frequent travelers know that the ability to quickly access information regarding road and weather conditions is essential. To help motorists from across the United States, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) began a plan to make 511 the single resource for traffic information across the entire country. In Nevada and other states with active 511 services, you can access information for your area by simply dialing 511 from any phone.
If you find yourself outside Nevada, however, you must dial (877) NV-ROADS or visit the Nevada 511 website for local information.
Nevada's 511 service is a great convenience for travelers, but it's a good idea to pay attention to the rules of responsible cell phone usage when making your call. Distracted driving is dangerous, particularly if you're traveling in an unfamiliar area with heavy traffic or poor weather conditions. Whenever possible, pull over to a gas station or other safe area before making your call.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
Provide FeedbackBe a Hero
heroes have registered as organ donors.