Replacing a Lost CDL in Nevada
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
If your commercial driver license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a duplicate at your local DMV office.
You'll be asked for proper documents to prove your identity, and then your record will be checked. If there are no discrepancies, you'll be approved for a new license.
- The fee for a duplicate CDL is $22, and the expiration date will remain the same as it was on your original.
NOTE: As of October 10, 2008, Nevada has instituted a Central Issuance policy for driver licenses. If you visit Carson City or Reno DMV locations, you will not receive your renewed license over the counter. You'll receive a temporary license at the office and your official license will be mailed to you within 10 days.
While the Central Issuance policy is currently only effective in Carson City and Reno areas, the policy will take effect in all remaining Nevada DMV offices in the coming weeks.
Fees listed in this article reflect the new Central Issuance fees. If you live in an area where Central Issuance is not yet in effect, subtract 75 cents from the fees listed above.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.