Replacing a Lost CDL in Nevada

For a nominal fee, you can get your new registration sticker with next day delivery. Learn more below.

Licensed by the
California DMV
California DMV
Online Registration Online Registration
Same Day Processing Same Day Processing
E-copy of Registration E-copy of Registration
Alternate Mailing Address Alternate Mailing Address
Phone Support Phone Support
$29 Convenience Fee Learn more below

Start Your CaReg Expedited Registration Renewal

The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) handles replacement commercial driver's licenses. If you're in state, you can apply for a duplicate commercial driver's license in person at a NV DMV office that handles CDL transactions; if you're out of state, you can apply by mail.

You must have a valid, properly endorsed CDL to operate any commercial vehicle; do not drive a commercial truck until you have your replacement CDL. Consider reporting your lost CDL to local and state authorities for identity protection purposes.

Apply for Nevada Duplicate CDL

Apply for your replacement NV commercial driver's license in person with a DMV office that handles CDL transactions.

Before you visit the office, have ready:

Per Nevada's “Central Issuance" program, the DMV will give you a temporary CDL—also called an “interim document"—that is valid for 45 days, after which you'll receive your permanent replacement.

Out-of-State NV Replacement CDL

The NV DMV issues duplicate licenses by mail for drivers temporarily residing out of state; however, it does so only for eligible drivers. Contact your local DMV office to find out if you're eligible.

Eligible drivers must apply with the Application for Nevada Driver's License by Mail (Form DMV 204).

Note that:

  • As a commercial driver, you MIGHT need to provide certain CDL-specific documents with your application. Ask your local DMV office about this, too.
  • Generally, temporary licenses DON'T include photos; they're considered “valid without photo" licenses and are only temporary.
  • You must return this temporary license to the NV DMV within 24 days of returning to the state.
    • Once you return your temporary license, most likely the DMV will require you to apply for a duplicate CDL using the process above.

Related Content

Provide Feedback BBB Business Review

Number of Organ Donors who registered through

Looking for Replacing a Lost CDL in Another State?