Renewing Your CDL in NevadaCompare Commercial Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:
All Nevada CDLs must be renewed in person every 4 years or 8 years at the Department of Motor Vehicles. (Note: The NV DMV will transition to CDLs that are valid for 8 years by 2018). Those born in odd-numbered years will be issued a CDL valid for 4 years. At the next renewal you will be issued a CDL valid for 8 years. Those born in even-numbered years will be issued a CDL valid for 8 years. CDL holders 65 years old and older are only able to renew a CDL for 4 years. To renew any Commercial driver's license go into your local full-service DMV office and submit the following:
- Evidence of a physical exam (use the Medical Examination Report).
- Pay applicable fees (see "Renewal Fees," below).
- For hazardous materials endorsements, take the hazardous materials knowledge test again and submit to another federally mandated background check (through the TSA: $86.50) if you wish to keep this endorsement on your CDL.
A new medical exam may also be required.
NOTE: If you've been convicted of multiple moving violations, you will probably be required to take the knowledge tests again, and possibly even the driving tests. Talk to an examiner at your full-service DMV office for more details.
If you wish to add an endorsement to your CDL or upgrade your license class, you will need to fill out a new Commercial Driver's License Application (Form DMV-002) and pass the applicable knowledge and/or skills tests.
Fees are payable when you come in to renew:
Other Topics in This SectionCompare Commercial Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
- Renewal requiring no test or only a knowledge test:
- $57.25 (valid for 4 years)
- $111.25 (valid for 8 years)
- Renewal requiring knowledge and skills tests:
- $87.25 (valid for 4 years)
- $141.25 (valid for 8 years)
- Added endorsement: $14 plus $3.25 photo fee
- Drive test to add endorsement: $30 plus $3.25 photo fee
1. Enter Your Zip:Organ Donation Survey
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸