Special Vehicles in Nevada
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
All-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, and other vehicles designed only for off-road use do not require titles or registrations within the state of Nevada. This also applies to pocket bikes and mopeds.
The State had issued titles for some of these vehicles up until August 2005, so they will provide duplicates upon request but they are not required by law.
Boat or utility trailers that have never been registered in the state before need to be inspected one time by your local DMV office. The registration fee for trailers weighing less than 1,000 pounds is $12; for trailers weighing more than 1,000 pounds, the fee is $24.
You'll need to visit a Full Service DMV for first-time registration.
DMV.org has compiled an extensive list to help you through the registration process for the following vehicles:
Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Learn Your State’s Requirements for Snowmobile Titles and Registration
- You Built It, You Register It: Titling and Registering Custom-Built Vehicles
- Find Out How to Title and Register Your RV or Motorhome
- When Do You Need to Title and Register Your Trailer?
- ATV Title and Registration Requirements
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.