Online Services in Nevada
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Nevada Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Nevada Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Motor Carrier Services Online
Do you need to tackle some basic driver or vehicle services? Before you gamble your time away with a trip to your local motor vehicle agency, consider relying on Nevada's online driver and vehicle services. You might get lucky and save yourself a trip to the local office.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby NV DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew a Nevada drivers license online.
- Replace a Nevada drivers license, permit or ID.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Renew a Nevada ID card online.
- Pay a traffic ticket fine online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Nevada Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Schedule a road test appointment in Nevada.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a NV drivers license practice test.
- Take a NV drivers permit practice test.
- Take a NV commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a NV motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Nevada Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Nevada defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Nevada Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby NV DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Nevada.
- Complete a vehicle registration through Nevada's pilot program.
- Renew a Nevada vehicle registration online.
- Estimate your NV vehicle registration fees.
- Request a duplicate registration certificate or decal from the NV DMV.
- Search a vehicle's registration and insurance status in Nevada.
- Reinstate registration for a previously uninsured vehicle in NV.
- Replace a lost or damaged title.
- Obtain Nevada license plates.
- Search for available personalized license plate numbers in Nevada.
- Learn more on NV smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain a vehicle tax payment history for NV tax reporting.
- Report a smoking vehicle to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Nevada that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Update Nevada auto insurance information on file with the NE DMV.
- Respond to a Nevada auto insurance verification notice.
- Buy car insurance.
- Buy motorcycle insurance.
- Buy commercial auto insurance.
- Buy boat insurance.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Notify the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles of a vehicle resale.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Motor Carrier Services Online