Online Services in Nevada
Typically, Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) handles driver and motor vehicle services. You can check out the online services the agency offers on its website, but there are also plenty of private companies to help you accomplish your task. A full list of your options is below.
Nevada Vehicle Services
Before taking your car for a spin, make sure its paperwork is in order. You can order and manage a number of these vital documents from the comfort of your computer. Services are offered both through the Nevada DMV and a number of private companies.
- Register your vehicle.*
- Renew, cancel, or reinstate your registration.
- Order a duplicate registration.
- Estimate your registration fee.
- Print a temporary movement permit.
- Use to drive your car to get smog checked/fixed after failing inspection.
- Notify the DMV of a vehicle sale.
- Verify your insurance.
- Search personalized license plates.
- Check your vehicle taxes history.
- Order auto insurance.
- Finding the perfect policy is easy when you can do it all from home.
- Find motorcycle insurance.
- Before hopping on your bike, hop online first and secure the best plan possible quickly and easily.
- Get a vehicle history report and VIN check.
- Don't make any vehicle a part of your future without first checking into its past. A vehicle history report will give you all the dirt a seller may be trying to hide, and it's just a click away. You can find vehicle history reports for:
NV License & Personal Records
You can't drive anything without a license. And, in order to get one, you'll typically need to provide even more personal records to the DMV. You can track down and manage all the right documents online both through the NV DMV and with the help of third-party vendors.
- Schedule a road test.
- Renew, order a duplicate, and change the address on your:
- Driver's license.
- State identification card.
- Order your driver history report.
- Look up driving records.
- Using a private party to order your records can save you the time and frustration that frequently come with going through the bureaucratic state process.
- Prevent identity theft.
- As the world races to digitize everything, your personal information has become increasingly vulnerable. Be proactive about keeping your private data private with the help of an experienced company.
- Change your name.
- Changing your name is a big decision, but getting your name changed doesn't have to be a big deal. Utilize the expertise of private companies who have been there and done that for thousands of happy customers.
- Commission a background check.
- Gathering all of the information necessary to put together a background check is exhausting—not to mention complicated. Skip the hassle by hiring a company to do the deep digging for you.
- Obtain a criminal record check.
- Law enforcement agencies can be difficult institutions to get information from, especially when they're dealing with ongoing crimes. An experienced third-party vendor will know exactly how to access all the files you need, and you can have them delivered without ever leaving the house.
- Find court records.
- Courthouses are notoriously slow moving, and rifling through all the paperwork they have can be time-consuming. Don't go blind trying to read everything there. Let an outside company compile the record for you.
- Get public records.
- These records may be public, but they can easily hide in plain sight. Private companies are great at sleuthing out what you need, and can do it for you quickly and easily.
- Order vital records.
- They're called "vital" for a reason. These documents are the foundation for most other forms of ID you'll need, and they're just a click away when you use third party vendors to help. You can order any of the following from home:
- Birth records.
- Death records.
- Divorce records.
- Marriage records.
- Get your international driver's permit.
- Planning an overseas trek is difficult enough. Let someone else worry about making sure you can drive once you arrive.
Driver's Ed in Nevada
You can only take driver's education courses in Nevada through third-party companies. Whether you're concerned with saving time and money by passing your driving test on the first try or potentially even saving lives by learning the safest way to hit the road, there's a course or test that can help you, including:
- Driver's license:
- Mature driving courses.
- Defensive driving courses.
- Boater education courses.
Nevada Miscellaneous Services
In addition to the above services, third-party companies also offer the following DMV-related services online:
- Pay a traffic ticket.
- Everyone makes mistakes. Don't dwell on what you did—let a third party take care of the details for you.
- Hire a DUI attorney.
- Driving under the influence is one of the most stressful charges to deal with. Hire a lawyer who will not only be on your side but help you navigate the ins and outs of the process.
- Fast-track your passport.
- Passports can often take weeks or even months to get back to you. Don't cancel your international vacation while waiting for it to get back—use an experienced business to leapfrog the line.