Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in Nevada

    Nevada law requires that you notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of any address change within 30 days of moving. This applies even if you're leaving the state to live somewhere else.

    Keeping records updated helps the DMV contact you about issues that could be serious, including license suspensions, insurance verification, and driver's license or registration renewal notices. You're entitled to give a mailing address that isn't your physical residence (such as a P.O. box), if you so choose.

    A new driver's license or ID card will cost you $3.25 and you will receive your new card in the mail within 10 business days. If you would like a new registration certificate or decal, it will cost you $5 per vehicle.

    You can change your address either online, by mail, by fax, or in person.


    To change your address online, visit the Nevada MyDMV website. You will need to sign up for an account if you don't already have one.

    By Mail or Fax

    To change your address by mail or fax, you will need:

    Fax the above to (775) 684-4992 or mail it to:

    555 Wright Way
    Carson City, NV 89711

    In Person

    To change your address in person, take a completed Driver's License, Driver Authorization Card or Identification Card Application (Form DMV-002) to your local Nevada DMV office.

    NOTE: Nevada has instituted a Central Issuance policy for driver licenses.

    Fees in this article reflect the new Central Issuance fees.


    If your vehicle registration is due for renewal but you have changed your address since your last renewal, you will need to renew by mail and include a completed Change of Address Notification by Mail (Form DMV22). You can also renew at a DMV kiosk and change your address afterwards.

    If you have already renewed your registration but need an updated decal, you will need:

    A replacement decal will cost $5 per vehicle.

    Fax the above to (775) 684-4797 or mail them to the address on the application form.

    You will receive your decal in the mail within 10 business days.

    Military and Commercial Drivers

    If you're in the military and stationed outside of Nevada, simply fax or mail in the notification forms as described above. In addition, however, you'll need to include a copy of your most recent Leave and Earnings Statement.

    If you have a commercial driver's license, you must submit your address change notification in person at your local DMV office. No forms will be accepted by fax or mail from CDL holders.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.