- Location: Nevada
Dealer Forms in NevadaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
No matter what your desired transaction, one thing you can count on with the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles is a lot of paperwork. That reality is no different for vehicle dealers in the state.
All of the following forms are available online as PDF documents, which you can view and download with Adobe's free Reader software. Some even feature the online fill-in capability. You can also find hard copies of these forms at your nearest DMV business licensing office.
Just applying for a dealer license requires the following DMV forms:
- Application for Business License.
- Personal History Questionnaire.
- Authorization for Release of Information: Allows state and federal agencies to share information about you for purposes of a background check and fingerprint scan.
- Child Support Information form: Declares your compliance with child support requirements or shows that they do not apply to you.
- Licensee/Registrant Acknowledgement form: States that you have been given the necessary information from the DMV about regulations and laws.
- Vehicle Industry Business License Bond: Shows proof of your required surety bond.
- Certificate of Insurance: Shows proof that you have obtained liability insurance to at least the minimum requirements.
Optional Application Forms
While these forms still relate to your initial license application, they may only apply to you in certain circumstances:
- Business License Plate Application: If you wish to have dealer plates for purposes of transporting vehicles.
- Application for Identification Card: If you want an official document that shows you're a licensed dealer.
- Bond Reduction Request: If you want to apply for a reduction in the required bond. Certain restrictions apply, so see your local DMV dealer licensing office.
- Deposit Statement: If you are offering a monetary deposit in lieu of a surety bond.
Here are some forms you'll be required to use while conducting your business:
- Application for Extension of Time for Submitting Dealer's Report of Sale (DRS).
- Application for Temporary Location License: For sales events held at temporary locations.
- Lost License Plate and Registration Certificate Affidavit.
- Letter of Authorization: Request to allow employees other than principals to pick up certificates and plates from the DMV.
The DMV has also made available a range of informative handbooks and one-sheets on the subject of vehicle dealers. These documents are available as a PDF download and at your nearest DMV business licensing office: