DMV Appointments in Nevada
The Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers an online scheduling system to book some road tests. Before you visit a branch office save yourself some time by booking an appointment first. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the Nevada DMV you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Services Covered by the Nevada DMV Online Scheduling System
- Schedule a driver's skills test for a non-commercial Class C (autos) license
- Schedule a driver's skills test for a Class M (motorcycle) license
Please note you must pass the knowledge test for a license or endorsement before scheduling your skills test.
- Driving skills test for a commercial driver's license (CDL)
To make an appointment for your CDL driving skills test call your local CDL office. You must pass any required knowledge test before calling to schedule your skills test. No appointment is necessary for applications or knowledge tests.
- Las Vegas area: (702) 486-4368
- Reno/ Sparks/ Carson City: (775) 684-4368
- Rural Nevada/ out of state: (877) 368-7828
If you must pay a visit to your NV DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday