Renewing Your CDL in New Mexico
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
Renewing a commercial driver's license (CDL) is not unlike applying for a new one. You must appear in person at the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), as you will need to provide the following information:
- Current CDL
- Social Security card
- Birth Certificate
- DOT Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F) or a medical certificate.
No testing is required when you renew your CDL unless:
- You need hazardous materials placards
- You are applying for additional endorsements
If you would like to add any new endorsements to your license, this is the time to do it. For preparation, see the Commercial Driver's License Manual, available at MVD offices. Additional endorsement tests available from the New Mexico MVD include:
- Tank vehicles
- Passenger transport
- School bus
If you need to take any tests as part of your renewal, contact your local field office before you arrive at the MVD to make an appointment for endorsement testing. Otherwise, you can renew without an appointment.
The renewal fee for a CDL varies depending on the specifics of your license and how long it will be valid.
- $18 for 4 years
- $34 for 8 years
- Free for ages 75 years old and up, but you must renew every year
Endorsements and testing may be extra.
The New Mexico MVD accepts payment by credit card or check, made out to the Motor Vehicle Division.
heroes have registered as organ donors.