Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Renewing Your CDL in New Mexico

    Pass Your CDL Written Exam with
    DMV Cheatsheets!

    Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:

    • Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
    • Study When & Where You Want
    • 24/7 Online Access

    Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.

    How to Renew

    Renewing a commercial driver's license (CDL) is not unlike applying for a new one. You must appear in person at the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), as you will need to provide the following information:

    Testing for Renewal

    No testing is required when you renew your CDL unless:

    • You need hazardous materials placards
    • You are applying for additional endorsements

    If you would like to add any new endorsements to your license, this is the time to do it. For preparation, see the Commercial Driver's License Manual, available at MVD offices. Additional endorsement tests available from the New Mexico MVD include:

    • Doubles/triples
    • Tank vehicles
    • Passenger transport
    • School bus

    Schedules and Fees

    If you need to take any tests as part of your renewal, contact your local field office before you arrive at the MVD to make an appointment for endorsement testing. Otherwise, you can renew without an appointment.

    The renewal fee for a CDL varies depending on the specifics of your license and how long it will be valid.

    • $18 for 4 years
    • $34 for 8 years
    • Free for ages 75 years old and up, but you must renew every year

    Endorsements and testing may be extra.

    The New Mexico MVD accepts payment by credit card or check, made out to the Motor Vehicle Division.

    Compare Commercial Insurance
    Rates in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Related Content

    Provide Feedback

    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.

    Find Your
    Local MVD Office
Looking for Renewing Your CDL in Another State?