Online Services in New Mexico
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- New Mexico Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other New Mexico Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Commercial Vehicle Services
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
Even in the Land of Enchantment, a trip to your local motor vehicle office can seem less than awe-inspiring. Fortunately, New Mexico residents can take advantage of numerous online driver and vehicle services. Check out our full list below, and prepare to get wowed.
Typically, driver services are handled through the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby NM MVD office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Schedule your next appointment online with the NM Motor Vehicle Division.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the status of your drivers license processing.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your driver's license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Pay your traffic ticket online.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a NM drivers license practice test.
- Take a NM drivers permit practice test.
- Take a NM commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a NM motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a New Mexico Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a New Mexico defensive driving or traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby NM MVD office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in New Mexico.
- Renew a NM vehicle registration online.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain New Mexico license plates.
- Learn more on NM smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need below; our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
- Apply for a commercial vehicle weight distance permit.
- File a commercial vehicle weight distance tax return.
- Manage your commercial vehicle online account.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in New Mexico that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.