Online Services in New Mexico
Typically, the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) handles driver services. You can see everything the state offers online on the New Mexico MVD website. However, you also have plenty of choices for taking care of your business from home with the help of private companies. We've included a full list of your options below so you have as much information as possible when deciding how to move forward.
New Mexico Vehicle Services
First thing's first: before going anywhere in your vehicle, you'll need to get all of its paperwork in line. You can do that without stepping foot outside your home, through programs offered by both the NM MVD and a number of different outside companies.
- Title your vehicle.
- Replace your title.
- Register your vehicle.
- Replace your registration.
- Renew your registration.
- Replace your license plate.
- Order a personalized plate.
- Update your insurance information.
- Notify the state of selling your vehicle.
- View your vehicle status.
- Order auto insurance.
- If you want your car to hit the road, you'll have to insure it against hitting anything else. Luckily, you can find the perfect policy quickly and easily online.
- Find motorcycle insurance.
- You might be able to ride fast on your bike, but you can insure it even faster when cruising the information superhighway. Coverage is compulsory, so make sure you get a plan before hopping on your hog.
- Get a vehicle history report and VIN check.
- Before letting a used car be part of your future, it's wise to check into its past. A vehicle history report will reveal secrets a shady seller may be hesitant to disclose. You can get one for:
NM License & Personal Records
It's great to have your vehicle's papers taken care of, but you won't legally be allowed to take it anywhere without getting your own documentation straight. You can once again turn to the internet for help, plus dig up some additional personal records, through both the New Mexico MVD and various for-profit companies.
- Renew your:
- New Mexico driver's license.
- NM state identification card.
- Replace your driver's license.
- Print a temporary license or ID.
- Change the address on your:
- NM driver's license.
- New Mexico state ID card.
- Pre-fill some license application information.
- Check your driving status.
- Look up your driving record.
- Different altogether than checking your driving status, this report—which can only be garnered through a third party in ND—will give you an idea of how insurance companies and law enforcement agents see you.
- Prevent identity theft.
- Do you have a credit card? Have you ever purchased anything online? If you answered "yes" to either of those questions, your personal information may be at risk. Don't let hackers live large in your name. Be proactive about keeping your private information private.
- Change your name.
- Getting a new moniker is a big deal, but changing your name officially doesn't have to be. Order a new ID to match your new identity without leaving home.
- Commission a background check.
- Looking back at your past can be a nostalgic and beautiful experience. Looking for official documents from your past can be quite the opposite. Let an experienced company find the documents you need while you forget about the frustration and focus on happier memories.
- Obtain a criminal record check.
- Tracking down all the information for this report can be time consuming at best, disheartening at worst. Leverage the expertise of a private company and you'll get everything you need without any of the worry—and without leaving home.
- Find court records.
- Don't object to the opportunity to have these reports found for you. An experienced company that's ready, willing, and able to help is just a click away.
- Get public records.
- There's a difference between "public" and "perceivable." Many of these documents hide in plain sight, but a specialized business will be able to sniff them out for you quickly and easily.
- Order vital records.
- They're called vital for a reason. You'll often need to provide these types of documents in order to get other forms of identification. Start the process out right by making sure they're all on hand, all from the comfort of your own home computer.
- Birth records.
- Death records.
- Divorce records.
- Marriage records.
- Get your international driver's permit.
- Making a trip abroad can be a life-changing experience. Having the ability to drive when you arrive can make it even more special. Let someone else take care of that detail while you chisel out the perfect itinerary.
Driver's Ed in New Mexico
Whether you already drive every day or are hoping to get your license soon, more education can be helpful—allowing you to save everything from the time and frustration of having to retake your license test to potentially even the lives of others, by helping you avoid an accident. You can only access these services in New Mexico through third-party companies, and can utilize any of the following:
- Driver's license:
- Defensive driving courses.
- Mature driving courses.
- Boater education courses.
NM Miscellaneous Services
There's plenty more that can be done without leaving home. Both the NM MVD and private vendors have a number of additional online services on offer.
- Pay a traffic ticket.
- Pay an outstanding balance.
- Schedule an MVD appointment.
- Take certain driving exams.
- Register to vote.
- Pay a traffic ticket.
- Using a private company to help you pay this debt will let you leapfrog the bureaucratic process.
- Hire a DUI attorney.
- Facing a charge this serious is one of the most stressful situations a person can go through, but you don't have to face it alone. A number of experienced attorneys are available to help you get through the process.
- Fast-track your passport.
- Great deals on an international flights are fleeting. Getting your passport processed is not. A private company will be able to get the indispensable document to you much more quickly, so you can plan your trip around your own schedule.