New to New MexicoCompare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:Page Overview
Are you new to the state of New Mexico? Let us be the first to welcome you to the "Land of Enchantment."
You have no doubt already observed our beautiful climate and scenery. In New Mexico, you will find endless historical sites and places of recreation. Whether you wish to see forests, mountains, deserts, or lakes, you can see it all right here. Of course, you will need to do some driving to take in the sites, and if you are new here, you need to obtain a New Mexico driver's license.
In New Mexico, you will be issued a driver's license from the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). New residents from out of state must surrender their out of state driver's license and apply for a New Mexico license. The fee is nominal―$18 for 4 years license―but be prepared to pass an eye exam. Here are the items you will need to bring with you to an MVD field office:
- Your current driver's license
- Your Social Security card
- Two proofs of residency in New Mexico (a P.O. box does not count)
- Proof of completion of the "None for the Road" program (if applicable)
- Vehicle title
- Your current registration
- Proof of residency in New Mexico
- Proof of insurance
- Current odometer reading
Keep in mind that if your new home is near Albuquerque, your vehicle may need to pass an emissions test.
True or False
- Nickname: Land of Enchantment
- State bird: roadrunner
- State flower: yucca
- State motto: "It grows as it goes"
- State songs: "O, Fair New Mexico" and "Asi es Nuevo Mejico"
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.