- Location: New Mexico
Driver Handbook in New MexicoCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) publishes informative handbooks that instruct prospective drivers on the basic rules and regulations pertaining to the roads of the state. Hard copy versions of the books are available at local MVD offices. But you will also find them online in multiple digital formats.
Learning the material compiled in these manuals is essential to becoming skilled behind the wheel. You will also find these guides are necessary reading material if you intend to ace the written examinations you'll face in your quest for a license. It might be hard to believe, but all of this indispensable information is free of charge.
Subjects covered in this manual include general rules of the road, safe driving tips, communicating with other drivers, driving fitness, and sharing the road. You will also find out the procedures involved with the graduated licensing program, which is designed for young drivers.
This manual is the quintessential learning aid to becoming a licensed commercial driver in one of the three classes offered in the state. The various chapters include detailed info on transporting cargo, driving safely, combination vehicles, air brakes, passenger transport, tank vehicles, and hazardous materials. It also delves into the particulars of the on-road driving examination.
Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- Commercial Driver's License Manual (available at MVD offices)
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard