Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in New Mexico

    NM Change of Address

    Whether you are packing up for a move into your dream house or are just switching apartments, you will be faced with some important paperwork. Besides all the essential (and stressful) signing-on-the-dotted-line documents, it is also imperative to let people know about the big move.

    Most places that you do business with will need to be informed of the situation. A number of these businesses, like the post office, even provide forms to expedite the process.

    The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) requires that you inform them of a change of address within 10 days.

    To change your address on NM MVD records, as well as your vehicle registration and driver's license/ID card, you will need:

    • A completed Change of Address Request (Form MVD-10284).
    • Payment, if you would like a replacement driver's license:
      • Valid for 4 years: $18.
      • Valid for 8 years: $34.

    Submit the above to the New Mexico MVD:

    • In person.
    • By mail to:
      • MVD Data Entry Unit
        P.O. Box 630
        Santa Fe, NM 87504
    • By fax to (505) 827-2783.
    • By email to

    Name Change

    The last thing the majority of people off gallivanting on a blissful honeymoon are thinking about is the MVD's name change policy. But if your name changes because of marriage, the MVD needs to know.

    See our Changing Your Name in New Mexico page for more information.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.