DMV Appointments in New Mexico
The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) allows you to schedule appointments online for your road test or First Time Foreign National driver's license/identification (DL/ID) card. See below for more specific information.
To schedule a motorcycle driving test you will need to call your nearest field office.
To avoid long lines, use the NM MVD online appointment scheduler. This service allows you to schedule your road test appointment or First Time Foreign National DL/ID appointment from the comfort of your own home.
To schedule a road test or First Time Foreign National appointment by phone, simply call (505) 827-2257.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the NM MVD. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your MVD, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday