DMV Appointments in New Mexico
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
The New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) requires scheduled appointments for road tests, as well as a few other driver's license transactions. Conveniently, you can make several of these appointments online.
Read on for information about the types of appointments you can make, how to schedule them, and what to bring with you.
Types of New Mexico MVD Appointments
The New Mexico MVD requires appointments for the following driver license and vehicle transactions (walk-ins aren't allowed):
- Road tests.
- Also including motorcycle licenses and commercial driver licenses.
- First-time driver's license or ID cards for foreign nationals.
- First New Mexico license (Albuquerque only):
- You must have a Social Security number or be eligible for one.
- Titling an out-of-state vehicle (Albuquerque only).
If you need to complete another MVD-related task, you could possibly still save time by taking advantage of one of the many online services available through the MVD and third-party companies.
How to Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule your MVD appointments online using the state's online appointment service. The system will walk you through each step, depending on your type of appointment.
However, if you can't schedule an appointment online for any of those transactions, you can contact the field office appointments department at (505) 827-2257.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Naturally, what you bring to your appointment depends on the license for which you are testing. Use the following resources to determine the required documents you need for your appointment for: