Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Replacing a Lost Title in New Jersey

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    Replacing a Lost or Stolen Title

    You'll need to apply for a replacement title if yours has been lost or stolen. Visit your local Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) Agency and bring a completed application, your current registration papers, and proof of insurance.

    You can also mail your application. Just send a copy of your current registration papers and proof of insurance with the application and fees to:

    • State of New Jersey
    • Motor Vehicle Commission
    • Special Services
    • P.O. Box 017
    • Trenton, NJ 08666-0017

    The cost for replacing a lost or stolen title is $60.

    Replacing a Damaged Title

    A damaged title will also need to be replaced, but the process is a bit different than one that has been lost or stolen. You can visit your local MVC Agency or send a letter requesting a replacement. Either way, you'll need to provide the same information:

    • Statement telling the reason for the damage
    • Your name and address
    • Vehicle description, including the make, model, and Vehicle Identification Number
    • Damaged title

    The fee for replacing a damaged title is $60.

    If you wish to request a replacement by mail, submit the required information and replacement fee to:

    • Motor Vehicle Commission
    • Database Correction Unit
    • P.O. Box 141
    • 225 E. State Street
    • Trenton, NJ 08666-0141
    Organ Donation Survey

    Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?

    Yes No

    Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.

    Update Your Organ
    Donor Information ▸