Replacing a Lost CDL in New Jersey
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
The Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) will issue you a duplicate CDL if your original license is lost, stolen, or destroyed. You may not drive, under any circumstances, until you receive a duplicate.
To replace your lost CDL, you should:
- File a report with your local police department if your license was stolen.
- Pay an $11 duplicate license fee.
Reporting a lost or missing CDL to the police can help prevent identity theft and other fraud, so it's a good idea to let law enforcement know that your license is on the loose. You are also urged to apply for a duplicate right away if your CDL goes missing, because the MVC says you're not supposed to drive under any circumstances until you've replaced your license.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.