Renewing Your CDL in New Jersey
Pass Your CDL Written Exam with DMV Cheatsheets!
Get answers, save time and pass your CDL exam test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets advantages:
- Use Your Computer, Tablet or Mobile Phone
- Study When and Where You Want
- 24/7 Online Access
- Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed
Get Your Test Answers Now!
In New Jersey, you must renew your commercial driver's license (CDL) every 4 years. You will receive your renewal application through the mail from the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) before your license expires.
To renew your CDL:
- Visit any MVC Agency.
- Present the completed renewal application, your current CDL, and proof of identity.
- A completed medical certification or a Medical Examination Report (Form 649-F)
After you pay the renewal fee ($42 plus $2 per endorsement), you will be issued a new license. In addition, some commercial drivers will want to add an endorsement to their CDL, which will require additional testing and fees.
You may not renew your CDL online or through the mail; you must do so in person.
Commercial drivers who hold a hazardous materials (hazmat) endorsement have to take additional steps to renew their CDLs. To keep the endorsement, you must submit to a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) background check every time you renew, at a cost of $86.50. You might also be asked to retake the hazmat endorsement written test every time you renew.