- Location: New Jersey
Organ Donation in New JerseySave Lives by becoming an Organ Donor in New Jersey Register Now ►
Make a difference by donating your organs, eyes or tissues.
Thousands of Americans die each year due to a lack of organ and tissue donations. One donor can provide organs, bone, and tissue for 80 or more people in need.
The New Jersey Organ and Tissue Sharing Network, a non-profit, federally certified, state-approved organ procurement organization, acquires and coordinates the placement of donated organs for patients on national transplant waiting lists.
Register your desire to become an organ or tissue donor whenever you apply for or renew your driver's license or state ID card. (If you're under 18 years old, you'll need the permission of your parent or guardian.)
Or, complete and sign a donor card, available through:
- New Jersey Organ and Tissue Sharing Network: (800) SHARE-NJ
- Gift of Life Donor Program: (800) DONORS-1
Although online donor registration isn't yet available in New Jersey, it will likely be soon. Receive notification of when this happens by signing up for the Donate Life NJ mailing list.
Once you decide to become a donor, you should inform your family of your decision.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard