MVC Forms in New Jersey

The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) offers a variety of downloadable driver and vehicle forms online, many of which you'll find below. Keep in mind, some MVC forms are only available in person.

If you have questions about filling out a form or can't find the form you need, head to your local MVC office OR call the NJ MVC at (609) 292-6500.

Most Motor Vehicle Commission forms are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read and print them, you must have the most recent Adobe Acrobat Reader software to fully use the features offered on some of the forms.

Most Requested Forms

Application for Certificate of Ownership - OS/SS-7

Apply for a vehicle certificate of ownership (title) through the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.

Application for Drivers License - BA-208

Application for a New Jersey driver's license. Must be obtained at an MVC office. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Driver's License & ID Forms

Non-Driver ID Application - BA-207

Application for a non-driver New Jersey identification card. Only available at MVC offices. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Title & Registration Forms

VIN Verification Statement - ISM/SS-321

VIN verification required by the NJ MVC on un-titled cars in need of registration.

Contact your local MVC

Remaking of an Existing Licensing Plate - SP89

Request a replacement license plate from the New Jersey MVC if yours is lost or destroyed.

Personalized License Plate Application - SP-1

Use this form to order personalized (vanity) NJ license plates from the Motor Vehicle Commission.

Emissions Out of State - SS-33

Emissions inspection form required when registering a qualifying vehicle with the NJ MVC. Must be obtained from an approved inspection station. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Vehicle Registration/Plate Status - BA-1

Notify the MVC of your lost or stolen New Jersey license plates. Form available at MVC offices. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Registration Application - BA-49

Request a replacement NJ registration if yours has been lost. Form must be obtained from an MVC office. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Application for Boat Registration - BA-51

Apply to register your boat with the Motor Vehicle Commission. Form available at NJ MVC offices only. Not available online.

Contact your local MVC

Application for Duplicate Certificate of Ownership Form - OS/SS-52

Request a duplicate NJ car title from the MVC.

Affidavit of Surviving Spouse - BA-62

Use this form to notify the NJ MVC when a vehicle is being transferred into the ownership of a surviving spouse.

Buying & Selling Forms

Odometer Disclosure Statement - OS/SS-2

Submit this form to the Motor Vehicle Commision to disclose the mileage on a car in which you're transferring ownership

Commercial Forms

Medical Examiners Certificate - MCSA-5876

Medical certification form required by the MVC when applying for your New Jersey CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional.

Application for Military Skills Test Waiver - CDL-SK TST WVR

Commercial driver's license skills test waiver for NJ military members who recently drove a commercial vehicle during service.

Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination - 649-F

Medical examination for driver fitness required when applying for your NJ CDL. Must be completed by a medical professional.

Limousine Driver Employer Application - CDL-5

Form used by employers of limousine drivers to verify applicants with the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.

Bus Application - DR-14

MVC application to become a school bus driver in New Jersey.

Disability Forms

Application for Vehicle License Plates and/or Placard for Persons with a Disability - SP-41

Application for NJ disability license plates AND/OR placards. Must be completed by a medical practitioner.

Application for a Temporary Placard - SP-68

Apply for a temporary New Jersey disabled placard. Must be completed by your doctor.

Voter Registration Forms

Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request Federal Post Card Application - 76

Submit this form to your local New Jersey election office to register to vote AND request an absentee ballot if you're a U.S. citizen residing outside the country.

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for MVC Forms in Another State?