- Location: New Jersey
Driver Handbook in New JerseyCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
The manual is available in PDF format, and you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document.
Note that you can take a sample test when you feel that you are familiar with the manual's content.
This manual, which is a guide to your success as a driver in New Jersey, is available in English from the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). It provides detailed recommendations and regulations for driver safety, and its chapters include the following information:
- Chapter 1 - Information about the NJ driver license
- Chapter 2 - Steps to getting your license
- Chapter 3 - Driver rules (braking, parking, steering)
- Chapter 4 - Rules of the road (passing, speed limits, intersections)
- Chapter 5 - Defensive driving
- Chapter 6 - Driving privileges and penalties (point system, suspensions)
- Chapter 7 - Driving under the influence
- Chapter 8 - Sharing the road
- Chapter 9 - Information about your car
This hefty handbook discusses everything you need to know to get your commercial driver license (CDL). It helps you prepare for both the written and the driving tests.Other Topics in This SectionArticles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard