Dealers Handbook in New Jersey
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:New Jersey's Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) does not provide a dealers' manual. Instead it offers a concise online requirements page for new and used dealerships, including leasing licenses.
What You'll Find
Within this page, you'll find every requirement needed for a vehicle dealership license. There are specific requirements about your place of business, signage, showroom space, and detailed information about necessary applications and certificates. Here's a quick list of the major ones:
During the application process, you will be fingerprinted, and there will be careful review of your insurance and bonding.
This page also includes a small section listing potential violations that could cause your dealer license to be suspended or revoked.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- The REAL ID Act: Are You Ready for a National ID?
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.