DMV Practice Tests in New Hampshire
Written Test Preparation Made Simple
Preparing for the written test has never been more convenient thanks to these online practice tests from our certified partner. You can study the tests online and even in line while you're at the DMV.
|Driver Permit Test Packages||Basic||Complete||Plus||Sample Test|
|Package Price||$9.99||$14.99||$24.99||Free with
|Number of Questions||50||100||100||25|
|100% Online Practice Test||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|State Specific Questions||✔||✔||✔||x|
|State Driver Preparation Course||x||x||✔||x|
|Start Test||Start Test||Start Test||Register|
Taking a practice test is one of the best ways to learn and review information. Learn all about DMV practice tests, why you should take them, the types available, and how they can help you prepare for your written knowledge exam
A DMV practice test is a study aid you can use to prepare for your written knowledge test with the NH DMV. You'll see questions similar to those you'll see on your exam and can review and test yourself on key information you'll need to know.
The questions you'll find on each practice test offered by our certified partner have been created from material that was sourced directly from the New Hampshire driver handbook.
To prepare for the New Hampshire DMV written exam, the Division of Motor Vehicles' suggestion is to study the NH driver manual. However, because the manual is dense with information, it can be difficult to pick out the key points you'll need to know on exam day.
A great supplement to study for the written exam is a practice test, in which you'll see questions like those you'll see on the day of your test. When you've taken practice tests, you're more likely to have retained the relevant information and feel confident in your ability to ace your exam.
The practice tests offered for New Hampshire feature two types of studying formats:
- Test Mode. In this mode, a random test that will resemble the DMV's written test is generated and scored upon completion.
- Study Guide Mode. In this mode, you'll be asked questions and given the answers as you go, until you answer them all.
Examples of Practice Test Questions
As mentioned above, the questions you'll see on these tests are sourced directly from the DMV driver handbook. Here are a few examples:
Q. Must you always follow the speed limit?
A. No, the speed limit only indicates how fast you're allowed to drive under favorable conditions.
Q. At intersections, crosswalks and railroad crossings, you should always:
A. Look to both sides of your vehicle.
Q. What does a curb painted white mean?
A. Stop only long enough to pick up or drop off passengers or mail.
Every practice test offered by our certified partner is presented to you in an online format so you can study on your smartphone, tablet or computer. The tests can also be printed and studied wherever you like. You'll have the choice between a 50-question practice test, or you can choose the more comprehensive 100-question practice test for additional preparation.
Types of Practice Tests offered in New Hampshire:
- Permit Practice Tests. Created for first-time drivers who want to apply for their New Hampshire learner's permit. Question topics include traffic laws, road signs, and rules of the road.
- Driver's License Practice Tests. Created for drivers getting their first license or those who need to get a new license and are looking for a refresher.
- Motorcycle Practice Test. Motorcycle practice tests feature questions about the rules of the road for those hoping to get a New Hampshire motorcycle permit or license.
- Road Sign Practice Tests. Road Sign practice tests will aid a driver's familiarity of signs they may see while on New Hampshire roadways.
- CDL Practice Tests. These tests contain questions related to getting a New Hampshire commercial driver's license.
- CDL Endorsement Practice Tests. These CDL practice tests will help New Hampshire drivers obtain certain endorsements often required for professional commercial drivers.
- Examen De Practica Para La Licencia (Practice Tests in Spanish). These tests are for residents in New Hampshire who speak Spanish.
When you're confident about passing your practice test, it's time to take the written test at the DMV. You can use our DMV Office Finder to find the nearest location. Also, consider making an appointment to avoid waiting in line.
Remember these key points about the written exam:
- An appointment is not required; tests are administered until 3:30 p.m.
- You must pass with a score of 80%.
- If you don't, you must wait 10 calendar days before taking the test again.
For more information, please refer to our one of the following licensing pages:
DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver
Passing the written exam has never been easier, thanks to DMV Cheat Sheets. It's like having the answers before you take the test.
- Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Just print and go to the DMV
- Driver's License, Motorcycle, and CDL
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Purchase a DMV Written Test Cheat Sheet
That's great! We would love to hear about your experience...
We are sorry you didn't find the information you were looking for. Please visit our Visitor Support page for answer to frequently asked questions, or to contact us directly.
Thank you for submitting your feedback!