Lost Traffic Ticket in New Hampshire

SUMMARY: How to Find Lost New Hampshire Traffic Ticket Information

If you lost your NH traffic ticket, you can contact the presiding county court or the Bureau of Financial Responsibility for your ticket information. Be sure to get details about your traffic ticket fines, court date, and payment methods.

NOTE: NH courts also accept written requests for “not guilty" pleas or ticket payment in lieu of your lost ticket. See below.

Keep reading to learn about lost traffic tickets in New Hampshire.

Lost Your NH Traffic Ticket?

Since you have only 30 days to respond to your now lost traffic ticket, you need to act fast. The New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will not accept "I lost my traffic citation" as a legitimate excuse for a late submission. Fortunately, the NH DMV will allow a written statement as a substitution for a lost ticket. You may use the written statement to pay your citation or enter a "not guilty" plea.

Failing to act within 30 days from the date of your traffic ticket will prompt the New Hampshire DMV to impose a late fee and suspend your NH driver's license.

NOTE: If you lost your NH parking ticket, you'll need to contact the parking enforcement division in the city where you received the ticket.

Contact New Hampshire's Bureau of Financial Responsibility

To submit a written statement in lieu of your lost traffic ticket, write to the NH Bureau of Financial Responsibility and include on the written statement:

  • Your name.
  • Date of birth.
  • Where your New Hampshire traffic ticket was received or issued.
  • The name of the police department that issued the traffic ticket.
  • Your traffic violation (e.g., speeding, running a red light, illegal pass, etc.).
  • Any other pertinent information regarding your traffic ticket.
  • Your signature.
  • A "not guilty" plea, if you plan to challenge the traffic ticket in court.

Mail your written statement to:

NH Department of Safety
P.O. Box 472
Concord, NH 03302

If you plan to plead "guilty," include a check for your NH ticket fines with the statement letter.

If you have any questions about your lost traffic ticket, call the NH Bureau of Financial Responsibility at (603) 227-4010.

Pay Ticket
(Plead Guilty or No Contest)

Learn more about
paying your traffic ticket »

Fight Ticket
(Plead Not Guilty)

  • Contest traffic ticket via trial.
  • Choose to represent yourself or hire an attorney.
  • Possibly lose option to plea bargain for lesser penalties.
  • No penalties if found guilty, but must pay court/attorney fees.
  • Possible option to take driver improvement program and reduce points.

Learn more about
fighting your traffic ticket »

Related Content

Provide Feedback

Looking for Lost Traffic Ticket in Another State?