Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Change of Address in New Hampshire

    Moving is hard work, whether across the state or just across town, and it is easy to forget changing your address with the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This is also true of a name change from, say, marriage, or divorce.

    In New Hampshire, the DMV wants to know, within 10 days of any change, what your new address or name is.

    Change of Address

    To change your address, complete the Record Change Request (Form DSMV 30), which is available online using the free Adobe Reader. Gather up the appropriate documents (see "Documents" below), and take it to your local DMV office or mail it all to:

    • Department of Safety
    • DMV - Driver Licensing
    • 23 Hazen Drive
    • Concord, NH 03305

    Change of Name

    Filing for a name change with the DMV must also be done within 10 days of the change. However, different documents are required proving your name change. The most common reason for name change is marriage or divorce. So, bring in a copy of your marriage certificate or divorce papers with the Record Change Request (Form DSMV 30) to update the DMV database.

    You will also need your current New Hampshire driver's license. You will be mailed an updated driver's license.

    For more information, visit our Changing Your Name in New Hampshire page.


    The following documents will be accepted as proof of your name or address change.

    For an address change, bring:

    • Pay stub
    • Utility bill
    • Town clerk residency letter

    For a name change, bring:

    • Marriage certificate
    • Divorce papers
    • Social Security Card

    The DMV will update their system with your address or name change.

    When you go in for your next renewal, your updated address will show up on your renewed driver's license.

    Other Topics in This Section
    Be a Hero
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 0

    heroes have registered as organ donors.