- Location: New Hampshire
Paperwork When Buying a Car in New HampshireGet detailed Vehicle History Report in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start a Search:
Purchased From an Individual
You will need to provide your town clerk with the following:
- A properly assigned title (if the car is 14 years old or newer)
- A bill of sale.
- A completed Verification of Vehicle Identification form (if the vehicle is 15 years or older).
Purchased From a Dealer
- Title (if vehicle is 14 years old or newer) or the dealer's blue application for title or (if vehicle is 15 years old and older) a bill of sale.
- A completed Verification of Vehicle Identification form (if the vehicle is 15 years or older) or a New Hampshire permanent registration.
- Name and address of lienholder (if applicable)
- Name and address of dealer you purchased vehicle from.
You will need a bill of sale in most situations. You can download a copy from our Bill of Sale page.