Boat Registration and Licenses in New HampshireGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
- All motorboats, regardless of size.
- Sailboats and sailboards 12 ft or longer.
What Not to Register
- Sailboat and sailboards less than 12 ft in length.
- Any U.S. government vessel.
- Any vessel registered in another state operating on New Hampshire waters for 30 consecutive days or less.
- Complete the Boat Registration (Form DSMV 157A).
- Bring completed application along with your driver's license and proof of ownership (title, old registration, bill of sale) to any recognized New Hampshire boat agent (Marine Patrol Headquarters, the Boat Desk in Concord, and various marinas, sport shops, town halls and Division of Motor Vehicle (DVM) offices).
- Pay all applicable fees.
Fees depend on the length and year of your boat. Contact your town clerk.
Registrations expire on December 31st of every year.
Renew in Person
Bring your renewal form to your town clerk and pay all applicable fees.
Replace Lost Registration
Bring your boat's bow number and your driver's license to:
- Any DMV office that handles boat registrations.
- The Boat Desk in Concord.
- Marine Patrol Headquarters.
- Everyone over age 16 who drives a boat with 25 horsepower must complete the Department of Safety's Boating Education Course and pass their exam.
- If you are less than 16 years old and want to drive, your passenger must be older than 18 and have completed the Department of Safety's Boating Education Course.
Boating Education Classes are conducted across the state throughout the year.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸