DMV Appointments in New Hampshire
At this time, The New Hampshire New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) does not offer any online scheduling services. You must schedule an appointment for a road skills test in person or by phone. Please read the sections below for more details.
For all other driver and vehicle related services at the New Hampshire DMV you must wait in line. Keep in mind not all tasks require an in-person visit to a branch office; find out which online services you can take care of from your own computer.
Appointments for road tests are only given after the applicant has passed all other tests, including a vision and written knowledge test (appointments do not need to be scheduled for those). If the schedule permits, the road test may be given the same day; otherwise, an appointment will be scheduled for you at that time for another day.
When you pass the knowledge test (which you do not need an appointment for) a skills test will be then scheduled for you. If the test is not scheduled for you, call (603) 227-4020 to arrange.
Motorcycle skills tests are given on a seasonal basis when weather permits. Once your test is scheduled, it will be given rain or shine.
If you must pay a visit to your NH DMV, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday