RV & Motorhome Registration in Nebraska
Many Nebraska residents love the freedom that comes with traveling in an RV or motor home. However, it's important to make sure your vehicle is registered with the Driver and Vehicle Records Division of the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles before you start exploring the country.
You should register your RV or motor home in your county of residence, or the county in which the vehicle will be most often located. To complete the registration process, you'll need to bring the following information to your local county official:
- The "Registration Application" copy of the Nebraska Certificate of Title (Non-Transferable or Salvage Certificates of Title are not acceptable proof of ownership for registration purposes)
- Your sales or excise tax receipt
- Proof of your valid automobile insurance policy
- A copy of the signed lease agreement (if your RV or motor home is a leased vehicle)
Fees for RV and motor home registration are determined by the make and model of the vehicle, as well as the county. You'll need to contact your county official for the exact amount of your fees, but you can obtain an estimate by using the Nebraska DMV's Motor Vehicle Tax Estimator.
Once you've completed the registration process, you'll receive a registration certificate, validation tabs, and license plates. You should carry the registration certificate in your RV or motor home at all times. If it is lost or damaged, contact your county official to request a replacement.
Your RV or motor home registration expiration date will either be determined by the month in which the vehicle was purchased or the month in which you've chosen to have your other vehicles registered.
To learn more about registering your RV or motor home, please see Car Registration on this site or call the Nebraska DMV at (402) 471-3918.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸