- Location: Nebraska
Replacing a Lost Title in NebraskaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Steps
1. Enter Your Zip:To replace a lost or damaged title in Nebraska, download, print, and complete the Application for Duplicate Certificate of Title. Nebraska provides this form online, and you'll need the free Adobe Reader to view it.
You'll probably find it more convenient to complete the form at home, and then take it to your local Nebraska county official, rather than obtaining the form from the official's office and completing it there. That's because the application requires the signatures of all parties on the title, as well as the vehicle's:
- Title number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Year, make, and model
If the vehicle has a lien on it, you must include the lienholder's name on the Nebraska duplicate title application.
You must also have the application notarized.
The fee to replace a lost or damaged Nebraska title is $14.Other Topics in This Section
True or False
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.