Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Nebraska
Compare Motorcycle Insurance Rates in 3 EASY STEPS
Enter Your Zip Code:
If you love feeling the wind whipping through your hair as you tootle around town, consider a moped or a motor scooter.
Not sure if what you own could be classified as a moped? If it:
- Can be operated with either its 50 ccs or less motor OR with pedals (human power)
- Can't go faster than 30 MPH
then it's a moped.
You don't have to title or register your moped.
Motor scooters (a Vespa, for example), are basically small motorcycles. If it:
- Has tires bigger than 14 inches
- Has an engine of 45 ccs or more
You'll also need a motorcycle license to drive a motor scooter.
Electric scooters― the kind with three or four wheels, used by the disabled, do not count as motor scooters.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- New Study: Voice Texting and Traditional Texting Equally Distracting
- Bicycling While Boozing
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.