Scooters, Mopeds, Etc... in Nebraska
If you love feeling the wind whipping through your hair as you tootle around town, consider a moped or a motor scooter.
Not sure if what you own could be classified as a moped? If it:
- Can be operated with either its 50 ccs or less motor OR with pedals (human power).
- Maximum 2 brake horsepower.
- Can't go faster than 30 MPH.
then it's a moped.
You don't have to title or register your moped.
Motor scooters (a Vespa, for example), are basically small motorcycles. If it:
- Has tires bigger than 14 inches.
- Has an engine of 45 ccs or more
You'll also need a motorcycle license to drive a motor scooter.