Online Services in Nebraska
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Nebraska Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other Nebraska Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Motor Carrier Services Online
Taking care of driving-related business doesn't always mean a trip to the DMV. Before you head out the door, check out our list of online driver and vehicle services in Nebraska.
Online Driver Services:
Typically, driver services are handled through the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby NE DMV office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Pay a drivers license reinstatement fee.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Renew your Nebraska drivers license online.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Check your driving points total.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Make a change of address.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
Nebraska Driver's License Testing and Educational Services
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a NE drivers license practice test.
- Take a NE drivers permit practice test.
- Take a NE commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a NE motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a Nebraska Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a Nebraska traffic school course if you received a traffic ticket.
Reports and Records for Individuals
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Other Nebraska Online Services
Online Vehicle Services:
Vehicle services are handled through the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The following sections below list tasks you can take care of online. However, because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby NE DMV office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
Most Common Vehicle Services
- Register your vehicle for the first time in Nebraska.
- Renew a NE vehicle registration online.
- Estimate vehicle registration fees and taxes in Nebraska.
- Perform a Nebraska title, lien or registration search.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Obtain Nebraska license plates.
- Order personalized NE license plates.
- Request a handicap permit.
- Learn more on NE smog check and emissions testing requirements.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Vehicle Insurance Services
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in Nebraska that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the &State_Nickname&.
Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
Motor Carrier Services Online