Motorcycle License in Nebraska
Get answers, save time and pass your motorcycle written test the first time around. DMV Cheat Sheets also offers:
- Steps to getting your license
- 50 essential study-guide questions
- Traffic signs and signals
Simply print and pass or your money back guaranteed.
In Nebraska, a motorcycle license is sometimes referred to as a Class M license. This license is necessary if you wish to legally operate a motorcycle on any Nebraska roads or highways.
To receive a motorcycle license, you must be at least 17 years old and have held the provisional operator's permit for 1 year or more without accumulating more than 3 points on your driving record..
Visit any DMV office with:
You will also be asked to:
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass knowledge and skill tests, if applicable (see Note below). To prepare for the written test, be sure to study the state's Motorcycle Operator Manual.
- Pay all fees. If this is your first license, there will be a fee of $26.50. To add a Class M endorsement to your current Nebraska driver license you may be charged $7.50 If you already have a valid CDL, it will cost $12.50 to add a motorcycle endorsement to your license.
NOTE: Only certain DMV locations offer motorcycle skills testing. An appointment is necessary. Both the motorcycle written and skills tests will be waived if you complete a state-approved motorcycle safety training class.
Riding a motorcycle can be fun and exciting, but it's also very dangerous. The following tips can help you minimize the risk:
- Wear the appropriate protective gear. According to Nebraska law, protective helmets are mandatory for all motorcycle drivers and passengers.
- Don't carry unauthorized passengers. It's illegal for you to transport another person unless he/she is sitting on a permanent seat.
- Keep both hands on the handlebars. Nebraska law prevents you from carrying any item that makes it difficult to you to keep both hands on the handlebars at all times.
- Get the education you need. Enrolling in a motorcycle training program is the best way to make sure you have the skills to stay safe on the road.