DMV Forms in Nebraska
If you want to do business with the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles, you're going to have to fill out a lot of forms! At one time, the only way to get a copy of the necessary forms was to travel to your nearest examining location or county official. You'd either have to sit and complete the form immediately or fill it out at home and make an extra trip the following day.
Fortunately, most essential Nebraska DMV forms are now available online. You can download the necessary form, complete it in the comfort of your own home, and return it to the appropriate office at the time that is most convenient for you.
The following is just a sampling of the forms available to you:
- Application for Certificate of Title (Form RV-707).
- Application for Copy of Driving Record
- Bill of Sale
- Application for Specialty Plates
Like many government agencies, the Nebraska DMV makes its documents available as Adobe PDF files. Since a PDF file makes it easy for people to translate printed forms and brochures into digital files, this format is now considered the standard for electronic document distribution.
To download and print a PDF file, you'll need the Adobe Reader software. This software comes pre-installed on most new computers. It is also available as a free download on the Adobe website.
Once you've downloaded the appropriate Nebraska DMV forms, it's important to fill them out as accurately as possible.
Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
- Don't leave out information; blank spaces will delay the processing of your application.
- Be neat. If you must hand write your form, take the time to print clearly. If your request is illegible, the DMV can't provide the assistance you need.
- Proofread your work! Make sure names, addresses, phone numbers, and other relevant information are correct.
- If you have questions about a particular form, call your local DMV office or (402) 471-3918.