- Location: Nebraska
Driver Handbook in NebraskaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:Page Overview
If you are required to complete a written test before receiving your driver license, the Nebraska Driver's Manual will be a valuable resource.
This driver handbook covers topics such as protecting your driving privileges; understanding road signs, signals, and markings; obeying the rules of the road; driving in adverse weather conditions; sharing the road with other drivers; and what to do if you're involved in a crash.
The Nebraska Driver's Manual is available in both English and Spanish. For your convenience, there are three ways to receive a copy:
- You may request a copy of the handbook from your local driver's exam station. No appointment is necessary, but some smaller offices have limited business hours.
- You can download a printable version of the handbook from the Nebraska DMV website. However, this method requires the free Adobe Reader software and works best with a high-speed Internet connection.
- If you have a disability that makes reading difficult, you may wish to download the handbook as an mp3 audio file.
Once you've reviewed your copy of the Nebraska Driver's Manual, you can complete a practice test on the state's DMV website. The site offers a random selection of multiple choice questions based on the driver license written exam.
You can check your answer to each question as you work your way through the test. Page numbers are provided if you need to refer back to the driver handbook to clarify an answer.
Nebraska law requires a separate written test for each class of license. Handbooks are available as PDF files on the Nebraska DMV website.
Other Topics in This Section
- If you wish to apply for your commercial driver's license, you will need to download a copy of the Nebraska Manual for Commercial Driver's Licensing.
- If you wish to work as a school bus driver, you will need to download a Pupil Transportation Guide.
- If you wish to apply for a Class M license, you will need to download a copy of the Motorcycle Operator Manual.