Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Paperwork When Selling a Car in Nebraska

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    How to Sell Your Car in MO

    When you sell your vehicle, provide the buyer with:

    If selling a vehicle fewer than 10 years old, you must give the buyer a signed statement certifying the odometer reading at the time of his purchase.

    For your convenience, you can download an Odometer Disclosure Statement from the Nebraska DMV website. If you are unable to determine the odometer reading for the vehicle, you must request that the title list the reading as either "Not Actual" or "Exceeds Mechanical Limits."

    Remove your license plates and save them for use on your replacement vehicle.

    If you have questions about the procedure for selling your vehicle, please call the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles at (402) 471-3918.

    Selling Without Paperwork

    The seller doesn't need to provide the registration certificate to the buyer; just the title. If it's lost, apply for a duplicate title.

    Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability

    There is no law requiring sale notification. However, if you want to apply for a registration refund, you'll need to surrender the sold vehicle's license plates to your county treasurer within 60 days of the sale.

    Bill of Sale in Nebraska

    The buyer will need a notarized bill of sale. You can easily download a copy from our Bill of Sale page.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸