Boat Registration and Licenses in NebraskaGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
Any vessel powered by any type of mechanical device.
What Not to Register
Any vessel not powered by machinery (canoes, kayaks, sailboats, etc.).
These do not require registration:
- Vessels documented with the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Vessels owned by any branch of government.
- Motorboats registered in another state and kept in Nebraska no more than 60 days.
- Motorboats competing in Nebraska-approved races or time trials, 48 hours prior to or after the competition.
- Complete an application found at all county clerk and treasurer offices, hunting and fishing license vendors, most boat dealers, and Game and Parks Commission offices in Alliance, Bassett, Lincoln, Norfolk, North Platte and Omaha.
- Nebraska residents must either mail or take the completed application to their county treasurer.
- Nonresidents must mail or take the completed application to any county treasurer in the state.
- Class 1 (less than 16 ft and all canoes): $23.
- Class 2 (16 ft to 25 ft): $46.
- Class 3 (26 ft to 39 ft): $67.50.
- Class 4 (40 ft or longer): $115.
- Class 5 (demo permits for dealers or manufacturers): $46.
- All boat registrations require an additional $4 issuing fee.
Boat registration is valid for three years.
Renew in Person
Visit your county treasurer.
Replace Lost Registration
Your county treasurer can issue a duplicate for $5.
No license is required.
Anyone born after December 31, 1985, must be at least 14 years old and have completed a state-approved Nebraska boating safety course in order to operate a boat. Visitors with out-of-state certificates are exempt from this requirement.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸