- Location: Nebraska
Boat Registration and Licenses in NebraskaGet Free Boat & Watercraft Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:Page Overview
Any vessel powered by any type of mechanical device.
What Not to Register
Any vessel not powered by machinery (canoes, kayaks, sailboats, etc.).
These do not require registration:
- Vessels documented with the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Vessels owned by any branch of government.
- Motorboats registered in another state and kept in Nebraska no more than 60 days.
- Motorboats competing in Nebraska-approved races or time trials, 48 hours prior to or after the competition.
- Complete an application found at all county clerk and treasurer offices, hunting and fishing license vendors, most boat dealers, and Game and Parks Commission offices in Alliance, Bassett, Lincoln, Norfolk, North Platte and Omaha.
- Nebraska residents must either mail or take the completed application to their county treasurer.
- Nonresidents must mail or take the completed application to any county treasurer in the state.
- Class 1 (vessels shorter than 16' and all canoes): $23 plus $4 issuing fee.
- Class 2 (vessels 16' to 25' 11"): $46.
- Class 3 (vessels 26' to 39' 11"): $67.50
- Class 4 (vessels 40' or longer): $115.
- Class 5 (demo permits for dealers or manufacturers): $46.
A boat registration is valid for three years.
Renew online with a Visa or MasterCard.
Renew in Person
Visit your county treasurer.
Replace Lost Registration
Your county treasurer can issue a duplicate for $5.
No license is required.
Anyone born after December 31, 1985, must be at least 14 years old and have completed a state-approved Nebraska boating safety course in order to operate a boat. Visitors with out-of-state certificates are exempt from this requirement.
For questions regarding classes, call (402) 471-0641.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks
- How to Replace Lost Boat or RV Registration
- Which Vessels Require Boat Registration?
- 7 Boating Safety Tips for Staying Safe on the Water
- Boat Safety Course: Learn Boating Basics
- Boat License Requirements: Learn How to Apply for Your Boat License
- Boat Registration Requirements: How to Register Your Vessel