511 Traffic Systems in North DakotaPage Overview
Dialing 511, or what is known as America's Traveler Information Telephone Number, will access you immediate road condition updates for North Dakota and, if needed, its surrounding states. It's a handy system to be aware of, especially when driving across Interstate 94 in winter during a prairie whiteout.
You can dial dial 511 for free from any telephone. If you dial from an office phone that employs a PBX system, make sure the system is programmed to recognize 511 as a legitimate outgoing number.
After dialing 511, you will be given update options for North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Montana, and be asked to:
- Press 1 for North Dakota
- Press 2 for South Dakota
- Press 3 for Montana
- Press 4 for Minnesota
After selecting your state, you will be instructed to:
- Press 1 for specific information
- Press 2 for regional summary information
You will then be asked to either enter your highway number followed by the pound sign, or press the number corresponding to the segment you're inquiring about.
If you're traveling cross country, find out where 511 has been deployed by checking out the 511 Travel Information map.Recommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section
Be a Hero
- Traffic Alerts
- 511 Traffic Systems
- Tire Recalls
- Safety Laws
- How Emotions Affect Driving
- Driving in Hazardous Conditions
- Teen Drivers: A Beginner's Guide
- Seniors: When To Turn Over The Car Keys
- Packing Your First-Aid Kit
- Seven Senior Safety Suggestions
- Wildlife on the Road
- When to Call Wildlife Rescue
- Taking A Mature Driver Course
- Medications & Driving
- Night Driving
- Hallucinations on the Road
- How To Drive Distraction Free
- Road Rage: How To Deal With It
heroes have registered as organ donors.