Search & Choose State
  • Location:

  • Salvaged Vehicles in North Dakota

    Compare Car Insurance Quotes in 3 Steps

    1. Enter Your Zip:

    North Dakota considers any vehicle that has been wrecked, destroyed or damaged by more than 75% of its retail value―as based on the National Automobile Dealers Association Official Used Car Guide―to be a salvaged vehicle.

    Should this describe your vehicle, you must submit your title to the Department of Transportation (NDDOT) within 10 days. The Department will send you a salvage certificate of title in return.

    Restoring a Salvaged Vehicle

    If you decide to reconstruct your salvaged vehicle back to functioning status in order to obtain a regular certificate of title, you must send to NDDOT:

    Once all of your papers are deemed in order, NDDOT will mail you a new certificate of title with a special notation indicating that damage disclosure information is on file.

    The Risks of Purchasing a Salvaged Vehicle

    If you lack a "mechanic's eye" you should think twice about purchasing a vehicle with a salvaged history. Even though the state takes stringent steps to protect the buyer, there are still some shady car dealers who will try to sell a salvaged vehicle under the guise of being mechanically fit. Salvaged cars can be made to look cosmetically new, making it easy to fool a prospective buyer into believing the engine and undercarriage are just as sound.

    The state strongly recommends that you have an experienced mechanic examine any salvaged vehicle before signing a deal. A check by a company that specializes in running vehicle history reports can also be invaluable.

    True or False

    Doctors don’t work with the same urgency to save your life if they know you’re an organ donor.

    True False


    Every doctor's first priority is to save your life regardless of your organ donation status.

    More Organ Donor Myths ▸ Become an Organ Donor ▸