- Location: North Dakota
RV & Motorhome Registration in North Dakota
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) defines a motor home or "house car" as any vehicle that is primarily used as a temporary residence and that contains at least four of the following: cooking facilities; refrigerator; potable water with plumbing connected to a sink; toilet; heating or air conditioning separate from the vehicle's engine; or a 110-115 volt alternating current electrical system separate from the vehicle's engine electrical system.
If your vehicle falls under this category you are required to register it on an annual basis as a "house car."
How to Register your North Dakota Motor Home
Other Topics in This Section
- First and foremost, complete an Application for Certificate of Title and Registration of a Vehicle. You can also find this form at any North Dakota Motor Vehicle office. Be sure when filling it out that you circle "house car" in section V of the application.
- You must also include a registration fee that is based on the number of years registered and 40% of the actual weight of your house car according to NDDOT's Passenger Fee Schedule. If you're confused about trying to determine this fee, call NDDOT at (701) 328-2725.
- All North Dakota vehicle registrations end annually on December 31 and start again on January 1. If you register later in the year, your registration rate will be prorated.
- Allow about three weeks for processing.
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks