- Location: North Dakota
RV & Motorhome Registration in North Dakota
Get Free RV & Motor Home Insurance Quotes
Enter Your Zip Code:
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) defines a motor home or "house car" as any vehicle that is primarily used as a temporary residence and that contains at least 4 of the following:
- Cooking facilities.
- Potable water with plumbing connected to a sink.
- Heating or air conditioning separate from the vehicle's engine.
- A 110-115 volt alternating current electrical system that is separate from the vehicle's engine electrical system.
If your vehicle falls under this category, you are required to register it as a motor home.
How to Register Your North Dakota Motor Home
Other Topics in This Section
- First and foremost, complete an Application for Certificate of Title and Registration of a Vehicle (Form SFN2872). You can also find this form at any North Dakota Motor Vehicle office.
- You must also include a registration fee that is based on the number of years registered and 40% of the actual weight of your house car according to NDDOT's Passenger Fee Schedule. If you're confused about trying to determine this fee, call NDDOT at (701) 328-2725.
- You may also be required to complete a State Board of Equalization Statement of Mobile Home Full Consideration (Form SFN3004) with your registration/title application.
- Pay the $5 title fee.
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks