- Location: North Dakota
Replacing a Lost Title in North DakotaCompare Car Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Don't sweat it. Lost titles happen. The efficiency with which North Dakota's Department of Transportation (NDDOT) handles and processes lost titles is high evidence of this.
Ordering a Duplicate Title
To apply you must visit any motor vehicle office where you'll be asked to:
- Complete an Application for Certificate of Title & Registration of a Vehicle.
- Provide your registration certificate.
- Pay a $5 fee.
Or, if you're not feeling social, you can mail the application along with a check for $5 to:
- North Dakota Department of Transportation
- Motor Vehicle Division
- 608 E. Boulevard Ave.
- Bismarck, ND 58505-0780
NDDOT will mail your duplicate title within two weeks.
The duplicate will contain the line "This is a duplicate certificate and be subject to the rights of a person under the original certificate." Should you find your original title after the duplicate has been issued you will need to forfeit the original to NDDOT.Other Topics in This Section
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Smog & Emission Checks