Replacing a Lost Title in North Dakota
Don't sweat it. Lost titles happen. The efficiency with which North Dakota's Department of Transportation (NDDOT) handles and processes lost titles is high evidence of this.
Ordering a Duplicate Title
To apply you must visit any motor vehicle office where you'll be asked to:
- Complete an Application for Certificate of Title & Registration of a Vehicle.
- Provide your registration certificate.
- Pay a $5 fee.
Or, if you're not feeling social, you can mail the application along with a check for $5 to:
- Department of Transportation
- Motor Vehicle Division
- 608 E. Boulevard Ave.
- Bismarck, ND 58505-0780
NDDOT will mail your duplicate title within two weeks.
The duplicate will contain the line "This is a duplicate certificate and be subject to the rights of a person under the original certificate." Should you find your original title after the duplicate has been issued you will need to forfeit the original to NDDOT.Other Topics in This Section
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸