Replacing a Lost CDL in North Dakota
Get Free Commercial Auto Insurance Quotes from Multiple Providers
Enter Your Zip Code:
If you lose your commercial driver's license (CDL) or it gets mutilated or becomes unreadable, you must immediately act and obtain a duplicate. To do so you need to visit any Driver License site with acceptable identification (see below) and a check or money order for $8.
Notifying the police is strongly suggested, especially if you carried a hazardous material endorsement on your license.
- U.S. birth certificate
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid foreign passport with an I-94 card or an I-551 stamp
- U.S. government-issued consular report of birth abroad
- Military identification card or common access card
- U.S. court order―with court seal―displaying legal name and date of birth
If you're an immigrant you will need to furnish:
- I-551 resident alien or permanent resident card
- I-688 temporary resident card
- I-688B, I-766 employment authorization card
- N560 certificate of citizenship
- N550 certificate of naturalization
- I-94 card stamped refugee or asylee
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
Instant Driving Record
Check for tickets, violations, and confirm your drivers license status with a instant self-check driving record.
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.