Online Services in North DakotaPage Overview
- Online Driver Services:
- Most Common Driver Services (online and otherwise)
- North Dakota Driver’s License Testing and Educational Services
- Reports and Records for Individuals
- Other North Dakota Online Services
- Online Vehicle Services:
- Most Common Vehicle Services (online and otherwise)
- Vehicle Insurance Services
- Vehicle Buying and Selling Services
- Online Motor Carrier Services
Those who live in North Dakota and want to save themselves a trip to an agency office might be in luck. ND residents can take advantage of numerous online driver and vehicle services. Read on for a list of driving-related transactions you can take care of from your home computer.
Typically, driver services are handled through the Driver Licensing Division of North Dakota's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. If you don't see the online service you need in the various sections below, you might have to visit a nearby drivers license and testing office. You can also peruse DMV.org or the state site for specific details.
- Apply for a driver's license or driver's permit.
- Check the status of your ND drivers license.
- Check the listed date of birth on a North Dakota drivers license.
- Pay a ND license reinstatement fee.
- Apply for a motorcycle license.
- Apply for a commercial driver's license.
- Schedule an appointment to renew your ND drivers license.
- Replace a lost or damaged driver's license.
- Apply for an ID card.
- Take care of traffic tickets.
- Change your address displayed on your drivers license.
- Make a name change online with the state and beyond.
- Request a hearing.
Refer to our Drivers License & ID section if you don't see the online service you need; Our driver-related pages offer a wealth of information that can still save you some time.
- Schedule a road test online with the NDDOT.
- Enroll in drivers education to prepare you for the permit or license test.
- Take drivers training to get behind-the-wheel practice.
- Take a ND drivers license practice test.
- Take a ND drivers permit practice test.
- Take a ND commercial drivers license (CDL) practice test.
- Take a ND motorcycle license practice test.
- Sign up for a drivers license prep course.
- Study a North Dakota Cheat Sheet and improve your chances for passing the written test.
- Enroll in a North Dakota defensive driving course if you received a traffic ticket.
Consult our Driver’s License Checklist for complete details on getting licensed in North Dakota.
- Order a driving record to see your own driving history or that of another driver.
- Review criminal records.
- Run a background check.
- Obtain court records or public records.
- Order vital records such as a birth or death certificate, marriage or divorce records.
- Run a credit report and check your credit score instantly.
Typically, vehicle services are handled through the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of North Dakota's Department of Transportation. We (DMV.org) also connect you to third-party vendors offering time-saving services; these are often not affiliated with the government. Because options are limited, you still might need to visit a nearby ND MVD office. To learn more on a given task, you can also refer to related pages on DMV.org and your state site.
- Register your vehicle for the first time in North Dakota.
- Purchase a temporary ND vehicle registration.
- Renew a North Dakota vehicle registration online.
- Calculate ND registration fees.
- Replace a lost or damaged title or registration.
- Learn more on ND smog check and emissions testing requirements.
- Obtain North Dakota license plates.
- Search available North Dakota personalized plates.
- Change the address listed for your vehicle registration.
- Check motor vehicle credit and fee schedule.
Consult our Registration & Titling section if you don't see the online service you need; Our vehicle-related pages cover a multitude of topics so you can spend less time standing in line at an agency branch office.
Compare vehicle insurance rates to find the coverage in North Dakota that suits your needs and budget. If you don't see the type of insurance you need below, consult our Insurance Center. Here you can also learn more on state insurance requirements specific to the Peace Garden State.
- Obtain a Bill of Sale.
- Order a vehicle history report for a used car, RV or motorcycle.
- Purchase an auto warranty.
- Get an auto loan.
- Check North Dakota's auto dealer requirements.