Manuals in North DakotaPage Overview
There's more to the Department of Transportation (NDDOT) than just handing out license plates and collecting title fees. It's also a disseminator of information through its manuals.
NDDOT offers road manuals which can be downloaded easily. You will need the free Adobe Reader to download and read PDF files.
Or, if you're computer-inhibited, you can wander into any Driver License office and get yourself a copy for free.
- How to obtain a permit.
- Driving on slippery surfaces.
- The dangers of drinking and driving.
- Sharing the road with motorcycles.
- The proper techniques on approaching intersections.
- How to pass safely.
- Speed and traffic flow.
- Transporting cargo.
- Pulling double and triple trailers.
- Using air brakes.
- Testing locations.
- Size and load requirements.
Other Topics in This Section
- Group riding.
- How to safely approach intersections.
- Riding at night.
- Proper clothing, including helmets.
- The effects of alcohol.
- How to properly inspect your bike.