Identification Cards in North Dakota
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
Owning a North Dakota non-driver photo identification card reaps many benefits, especially during these times of heightened security. It can be used for checking into a hotel, boarding an airline, cashing a check, or renting a DVD.
The process to obtain an identification card is as fast and simple. Just visit any driver license site with $8 and proper identification (see below). You'll then have your photo snapped and receive an identification card.
You'll need proof of your current name and your date of birth. The following original documents are acceptable:
- U.S. birth certificate
- Valid U.S. passport
- Valid foreign passport with an I-94 card or an I-551 stamp
- U.S. government-issued consular report of birth abroad
- Military identification card or common access card
- U.S. court order―with court seal―displaying legal name and date of birth
If you're an immigrant you will need to furnish:
- I-551 resident alien or permanent resident card
- I-688 temporary resident card
- 1-688B, I-766 employment authorization card
- N560 certificate of citizenship
- N550 certificate of naturalization
- I-94 card stamped refugee or asylee
ID cards in North Dakota expire on your birthday every 10 years, and must be renewed in person at your local Driver's License site and pay the $8 renewal fee. Your new ID card will be mailed to your home address.
You must visit your local driver's License site in order to replace an ID card that has been stolen, lost or destroyed. Bring proper identification (described above) and either cash or check to pay an $8 replacement fee.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.