Custom Built Car Registration in North Dakota
Before chasing down a custom-built car registration, be sure your vehicle fits North Dakota's definition of such a vehicle. According to the Department of Transportation, (NDDOT) a custom-built car falls under the following category:
Street Rod: A modernized vehicle that retains the original body configuration but contains interior upgrades like a new engine, new brakes, or a new suspension.
How to Register
Other Topics in This Section
- To register your street rod, you need to complete an Application for Certificate of Title and Registration of Vehicle. This all-encompassing form, which is used for every type of vehicle registration, can be easily downloaded or found at any North Dakota Motor Vehicle office, where you can also register the car.
- Be sure you record the vehicle identification number (VIN) on the application.
- You will also need to include a registration fee. The state employs a system based on number of registered years and vehicle weight.
Organ Donation Survey
- Register Car
- Registration Renewal
- Registration & Insurance
- Replacing a Lost Registration
- RV & Motorhome Registration
- Custom Built Car Registration
- Boat Registration and Licenses
- Title Transfers
- Replacing a Lost Title
- Salvaged Vehicles
- Special Vehicles
- Drivers with Disabilities
- License Plates & Placards
- Car Inspection
Are you currently registered as an Organ Donor?
Thank you! Besure to keep your registration up to date.Update Your Organ
Donor Information ▸