Changing Your Address in North Dakota
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:After unpacking the boxes following a move into a new North Dakota address, you will need to notify the North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) within 10 days.
NDDOT makes this easy by allowing you to notify them by phone, mail or in person. No special proof is needed.
You can contact them at:
- Drivers License and Traffic Safety
- 608 E. Boulevard Ave.
- Bismarck, ND 58505-0700
Please include your complete name, date of birth, driver license number, and old and new address.
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- DMV New Resident Checklist
- Forms and Publications for New Residents
- Moving and Need to Change Your Address? Use This Address Change Checklist!
- Change of Address on Vehicle Registration and Titles
- Learn How to Change Your Address on Your Drivers License
- How to Notify the DMV of Your Address Change
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.