Paperwork When Selling a Car in North Dakota
Compare Insurance Rates in 3 Easy Steps
1. Start Your Quote:
You must provide the following documents when selling your car:
- The vehicle's title with the selling price, date of sale and your signature. You must also include an odometer reading if the vehicle is less than 10 years old.
- A completed Damage Disclosure Statement if the vehicle is less than nine years old.
Be sure to remove the vehicle's license plates.
No action is required on your behalf. The state will make note when the buyer registers and titles the vehicle.
Though not mandatory, a bill of sale should be kept on file. You can easily download a blank copy from our Bill of Sale page.
Other Topics in This Section
Your Opinion Matters To Us!Send Feedback
- Federal Agency Stirring Around the Idea of Lowering BAC Limit to .05 Percent
- Pot Runs to Legalized Marijuana States Putting Cops on High Alert
- Behind the scenes: Iron Man & rental car insurance
- 5 Reasons to Welcome Big Brother Into Your Car
- Would Iron Man buy rental car insurance
- The Truth Will Set You (Hands) Free
We put a lot of effort into making our content helpful & accurate. Please let us know if you see something that isn't clear or correct; we are here to ease any frustrations you may have while navigating DMV topics. We are not a government agency, please reach out to your local DMV, insurance agent, or respective professional for further assistance on specific situations.