- Location: North Dakota
Personal Injury in North DakotaWhen cleared of legal-speak, personal injury simply means you were injured by the recklessness of another human being. In motor vehicle terms this could spawn from a string of infractions including racing, fleeing the scene of an accident, irresponsible passing, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Should you pursue compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, or emotional trauma, the burden of proof presses on you.
To considerably increase your odds of winning a justified settlement, a personal injury lawyer is strongly encouraged. They are wise to the stalls and legal subterfuges used by some adjusters for the lone purpose of shrinking or even denying claims. Any court-savvy attorney can cut through the legal-speak that insurance companies sometimes use to their benefit.
Most personal injury lawyers will offer free counsel while mulling over whether or not to accept your case. If a lawyer accepts, it's a positive sign that your case is strong. You can find a lengthy list of personal injury lawyers in any North Dakota phone book, or here at DMV.org.Articles
- 5 Important Steps If You Lost Your Drivers License
- I-94 Forms and Arriving in the U.S.
- What to do if the Colorado Floods Damaged Your Car
- 9 Urgent Must-Dos If You Lose Your Driver’s License
- 7 Reasons Student Drivers Fail Their Written Permit Exam
- Werner Herzog’s Texting-and-Driving Documentary Slated to Hit Hard