DMV Appointments in North DakotaPage Overview
The Department of Transportation (DOT) offers an appointment system for road tests and driver's license renewal tests.
To schedule a road test, simply use the ND DOT Driver's License Road Test Scheduler. Road test appointments may be scheduled, rescheduled or cancelled using this system. You must enter your name, date of birth and driver's ID exactly as it appears on your permit.
To schedule a road test by phone, call your local driver's license site.
Not all tasks require an in-person visit to the ND DOT. Find out what you can take care of from your own computer by accessing our Online Services page.
If you must pay a visit to your DOT, go during low-traffic times. The following suggestions could save you time standing in line.
Shortest Wait Time
- Before the lunch hour (usually noon)
- During the middle of the week (Tuesday through Thursday)
- During the middle of the month
Longest Wait Times
- During the lunch hour (starting at noon)
- On the first and last day of the week that the office is open (Monday and Friday for most)
- During the first or last week of the month
- On the day before or just following a holiday
Related ContentRecommended ArticlesOther Topics in This Section